GHFEDS has been awarded tickets to attend the Houston Rodeo and Performance on Tuesday March 7th, Thursday March 9th, &Monday March 13th. Members can pick one date and up to 4 tickets per family.
These tickets are for individual with Down syndrome and their immediate families including parents and youth siblings. Please read the rules below. This is a not a GHFEDS event and the rules must be abided as listed below per the HLSR committee.
Packets with tickets and parking pass will be mailed shortly to mailing address listed on your GHFEDS account. Please confirm your address when you log in to register,
ANNUAL GHFEDS MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED!
2023 Rodeo Performance Night- Read entirely: Very Important Information
Parking and Parking Passes- Very Limited this year: if we don't receive enough passes you may have to find and/or pay for your pwn parking
● Refer to the enclosed parking map and parking instructions.
Please Note: As guests of the Special Children’s Committee, you will only be
allowed to enter and exit NRG Stadium at the Special Children’s
Committee Drop Off Area on Kirby Drive before the Xfinity Gate. Should
you try to enter any other gate, you may be denied access. Parking in areas other than
the areas designated by the enclosed parking passes (either Kirby Drive - which is only
available during the performance - or the Purple Lot) will be at the cost of the agency.
Arriving at NRG Stadium
● Before arriving, please make sure that each member of your group is wearing a
round Special Children’s Committee sticker and an orange wristband.
● Please do not bring any more guests than are allocated.
● Arrival time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Should you run late, please call Amanda
Chow - 713-806-1204 or Sydnee Neyland (Mikkelsen) - 903-286-8700 and let
● Upon arrival at the drop-off area, Special Children’s Committee members will
greet your group.
● Once through the Xfinity Gate, committee members will provide each attendee
with a bandana to assist with their identification as a special guest of the
● Once everyone is provided with a bandana, Special Children’s Committee
members will escort your group to the reserved seating sections.
Exiting NRG Stadium
● Ten minutes before your group is ready to exit the stadium, you will need to send
your driver(s) to their vehicle(s).
● The Special Children’s Committee members will escort your group back to the
Xfinity Gate to meet your vehicle(s) for departure.
Reminders to help you enjoy your night at the rodeo
● Please remember that we do not allow alcohol consumption. Please inform your
chaperones of this rule.
● We strongly encourage chaperones to escort your clients to and from the
restrooms and concession stands.
● We will provide bottled water and popcorn to all of our guests.
● Please do not plan on going to the carnival or other attractions before, during, or
after the rodeo performance.
● Once the performance is over ALL cars parked on Kirby Drive must
be removed or they will be subject to towing.